Humidity and Moisture Control Services
The presence of moisture and humidity under your home can cause wood rot and weaken structural members. Wet conditions also promote mold, mildew and fungi growth, which in turn can produce unpleasant, musty odors, negatively affect indoor air quality, and have adverse health effects on home residents. Untreated wood that is softened by moisture, humidity, and wood rot can become a tasty meal for wood destroying organisms like termites.
All of a sudden a minor nuisance has become a threat to your health and the structural integrity of your home. EcoTek excels in diagnosing and eliminating the presence and root causes of complex problems associated with crawlspace/basement moisture and humidity, including standing water, rainwater leaks, condensation, drainage problems, wood rot and termite damage, fungi growth, crawlspace odor mitigation, and indoor air quality issues.
If you are dealing with signs such as a musty order in your home, cracked or peeling paint, or mold inside of your home, you should have an inspection done to see if there is an issue under your home. Moisture and humidity control can help your family stay healthy, especially if they suffer from mold allergies or asthma. Take the steps to protect your home and family and learn if humidity and moisture control is a good option for your home. Contact EcoTek today to schedule an inspection and learn about the services that we offer.
If your home or business is experiencing any of the conditions listed above, then our highly qualified professionals can help remedy the issue using one or any combination of the following services:
- Vapor Barrier Installation – Reinforced poly ground cover (6 mil or thicker), taped seams,
100% ground coverage
- Dehumidification Systems – Dehumidifier, installation of permanent GFCI electrical receptacle in crawlspace and permanent condensate drain line through foundation wall to the outside, sealed with foam sealant·
- Crawlspace Vent Sealing – Blocking and sealing of vents to prevent infiltration of humid outside air into crawlspace
- Water Drainage Systems – Installation of french drain system around exterior of foundation wall (or interior if indicated), including trenching to footings, installation of corrugated drain pipe around perimeter to terminate into a catch basin or drainage ditch at low side corner of foundation, backfill with layer of aggregate and layer of soil. For cases with standing water in crawlspace/basement
- Crawlspace/Basement Sump Pumps – Installation of float switch operated sump pump, permanent GFCI electrical receptacle, permanent drain line through crawlspace wall to the outside, sealed with foam sealant. Includes installation of liner, gravel aggregate, PVC piping. For extreme cases with standing water in crawlspace/basement
Let the EcoTek moisture and humidity control professionals do the dirty work for you! Starting with a thorough inspection, the EcoTek team will accurately and efficiently analyze the problem, determine the specific cause(s) and any related complications, and develop the most cost-effective, customized solution(s) available to make sure your home is safe and healthy.